Wood roaches, also known as water bugs or rather tree roaches are exceptionally popular household pests in the United States. Typically reddish brown in color, wood roaches form one of the largest species of cockroaches and although they do not bite or sting, they can be very unsettling not to mention the fact that they are particularly good at leaving behind them endless trails of roach droppings. To get rid of wood roaches in house, one does not need the help of a bunch of professional exterminators. As a matter of fact, that just does not make sense. As a homeowner, you should be able to get rid of the wood roaches in house you might have. They are hardly snakes, are they? Even snake control can be done by homeowners, why not roach control?
Prevention of wood roaches in house
1. Water bugs, as you most probably already know, thrive outdoors and they only invade homes when they need to feed themselves. If you are not happy about having wood roaches in house, all you need to do is make sure they can’t get in. This will require you to check your home for cracks or else openings. In particular, you should pay attention to areas such as your bathroom as well as your kitchen.
2. When you are done targeting the cracks and crevices around your home, these will need to be caulked using an appropriate material such as concrete. If you happen to own an attic, you should note that wood roaches in house sometimes introduce themselves using the openings in attics so these will need to be screened as well.
3. Last but not least, when you are done sealing the entrances to your home, dust a thin layer of boric acid powder along cracks. For people who are not aware of this, boric acid is a chemical substance which dehydrates and kills wood roaches in house. You might also wish to take into consideration the fact that wood roaches in house thrive in moisture. If you have plumbing malfunctions at your place, these need to be fixed. Always keep your home dry and cool.
Elimination of the wood roaches in house
1. To eliminate the wood roaches in house, you can choose to make use of what are known as roach baits in areas where infestations have been noticed. This will generally include locations such as the area underneath your kitchen sink or else the space behind your washing machine or even your dryer for that matter.
2. Alternatively, you can also make use of a cockroach spray. Cockroach sprays are very popular chemical pest control products these days and they are readily available online as well as in the many offline stores.
3. Last but not least, to get rid of the wood roaches in house, one can choose to utilize a cockroach fogger of some kind although this control method should only be considered in the event that the roach infestation in your home turns out to look really bad.